Equality and Diversity Statement
Sport and Physical Activity is an intrinsic part of many local communities, which contributes to the quality of life of many people and fosters community cohesion. It also has the ability to bring people together and to develop teamwork and co-operative skills and can provide a wide range of opportunities for all sections of the community to participate.
As a lead partnership agency and a provider of services for sport and physical activity, 新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway and the Partnership Board are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and combating unfair treatment in sport and physical activity.
We are committed to ensuring that current and potential service users, employees (including volunteer helpers), Board Members and applicants for roles either with 新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway or the Active Partnership Board, will not be discriminated against on the grounds of social circumstances or background, gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexuality, age, religion, pregnancy & maternity or marriage & civil partnerships. The principles of tolerance and understanding and respect for others are central to what we believe. 新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway and the Board are committed to progressing towards achieving gender parity and greater diversity generally on its Board, including, but not limited to, Black, Asian, minority ethnic (BAME) diversity and disability.
新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway has the following objectives as (a) a lead partnership agency (b) a service provider and (c) an employing body:
(a) Objectives for effective partnership with the community
- Listen and respond to the views of partners and the local community through consultation;
- Work with partner organisations to improve sporting and physical activity opportunities for everyone in Kent and in so doing, provide a sporting environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, violence and that shares and promotes good practice;
- Value and promote the characteristics of tolerance, fairness and individuality in sport and physical activity, whilst recognising and respecting all lifestyles, cultures and religions in Kent.
(b) Objectives for responsive and accessible services
- Provide services accessible to all people in the community;
- Provide clear, meaningful information about our services in ways that are accessible and meet diverse needs;
- Work with partners in consulting with all sections of the community on service needs and provision;
- Monitor take up and evaluate services to ensure they do not discriminate or exclude;
- Aim to achieve the highest level of the equality standard for sport (Advanced), ensuring that our services continuously improve.
(c) Objectives for equal and appropriate treatment in employment
- Aim to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community of Kent;
- Provide fair access to learning and development opportunities, encourage and support staff in fulfilling their potential;
- Provide a safe, accessible working environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Involve and communicate effectively with staff;
- Provide fair and transparent pay and reward systems.
The Kent & Medway Active Partnership Board has the following objectives when nominating and recruiting new Board Members:
- Work towards achieving gender parity and greater diversity on the Board through delivery of targets within its Diversity Action Plan;
- Ensure the Board make up is reflective of the local community and based on skills, experience and knowledge;
- Ensure equal and appropriate treatment in nomination and recruitment;
- Provide fair access to learning and development opportunities, ensuring Board Members have a good understanding of their role in promoting equality and valuing diversity.
All members of 新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway and the Board have a duty to conduct themselves and make decisions in relation to the Equality and Diversity statement and policy.
The Equality Standard A Framework for Sport
The Equality Standard for Sport is a framework and vehicle for accessing and increasing the participation and involvement in sport and physical activity by under-represented individuals, groups and communities, including women and girls, ethnic minority groups and disabled people.
Launched in November 2004, the Standard is based around two broad themes developing your organisation and developing your services
Within the framework there are four levels of achievement:
新2皇冠直播在线观看正规平台 & Medway has achieved the Foundation and Preliminary levels of the Equality Standard A Framework for Sport.
Please visit the Equality in Sport website to view The Equality Standard A Framework for Sport
Foundation Level – ACHIEVED – January 2007
The organisation is committed to equality and that commitment is communicated to all staff and volunteers.
Preliminary Level – ACHIEVED – September 2007
The organisation is clear about what it needs to do to achieve equality, it understands the issues and barriers faced by under-represented groups in sport and has a robust equality action plan which all staff, volunteers and key stakeholders understand.
The Service re-accredited at Foundation and Preliminary Level in May 2013 .
Intermediate Level – ACHIEVED – October 2016
The organisation is increasing opportunities for participation and involvement by a diverse range of people including representation on its own leadership, staff, board and senior volunteers. All internal policies pay due regard to diversity.
Physical Activity Manager
- Tel: 03000 412290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org